Saturday, January 15, 2011

Koolhass


I finished the Koolhass hat.  It is a beautiful hat and interesting to knit, but not when one is distracted with life.  My father is failing, my sister is approaching her 6th chemo for breast cancer, and as my dear friend told me, "you are 75% here."  I told her I thought that was generous.  I don't consider myself a worrier, but I think these things settle into a deep place and just trouble me below the surface.  It comes out as distraction.  Knitting the Koolhass proved it.  I frogged it down to ribbing 5 times. I may bury my concerns, but I am not a quitter. So, mindless knitting it is for a while...I need to take a break.

Madelinetosh Vintage is the yarn and I love it!  It is soft and holds up well to lots of frogging.  Nary a fuzz anywhere.  If I made this again, I might even try another round of the pattern or two to make it slouch.  If I made it again. Big if.

Last night was fun...dinner out with some dear women in my life and lots of yummy food at one of my favorite restaurants, Brio.  First, the appetizer...some delicious and beautiful bruschetta.

This Grilled Salmon Salad was to die for: greens, feta cheese, asparagus, crispy potato straws and a generous piece of salmon.
So enraptured were we with dessert, I forgot to take pictures, but I can assure you that the mini Caramel Creme Brulee was wonderful.

I am grateful for friends who stick with you through thick and thin. I am grateful for friends who want to grow, are teachable and encourage my growth as well.  I am grateful for friends who see my distraction and love me anyway.  I am especially grateful for God, who loves me just like I am and is able to comfort and encourage me and my loved ones in uncertain times.


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ". 
2 Corinthians 1:3-5



2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you,your father and your sister.
    I've wanted to make a Koolhass for a long time now and you have inspired me with your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best, my dear friend. Know that you have friends out here in blog land who think of you and want the best for you.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails