Friday, March 11, 2011

Dinner for Two

Just when I thought we might need to break out the lawnmower, this is what happened last night.  I don't mind.  We have been very rainy, with rivers rising and those in flood plains bracing for the worst. So yesterdays rains took a turn and I am pleased. Winter is always prettier with a dusting of snow.

I have been swamped with no time to blog.  No time to knit either.  I am anticipating some airplane power knitting soon and I always look forward to figuring out what to take on a plane.  This is the first year I have not knitted a pair of socks, maybe it's time to do that?  I don't know...

Last night my husband and I went on a spur of the moment date.  It actually started as an appointment at the MAC store, but we landed at Maggiano's, a new favorite.  Why you ask? Because when you order off a select group of offerings, you get another dish to take home for the next day.  WHAT?  Yes, you heard that right.  I ordered some yummy Ziti and ordered some Ravioli for my take home.  Hubby got some spaghetti and Fettucini Alfredo for tonight.  What could make a woman happier than dinner out AND not having to cook the next night??? They have an email club which gives you discounts and I am signing up.  If you would like to, click here!

We were reminded of what good service is last night.  The server did not say, "How are you guys?"   I  am not a guy and that always rubs me wrong. "How are WE doing?"   I learned in nursing school, that since you are not sick, you should not say we.  Our server made sure we were cared for by observation, not breaking into our conversation constantly.  Water was filled, food was hot and she was near occasionally if we needed anything.  When it was time to get our take home, they threw in freshly baked lemon cookies from the Maggiano family recipe.  YUM!  They cater and have beautiful banquet rooms. I am impressed and plan on going back.

We woke to news of an 8.9 earthquake in Japan. Tsunami warnings issued affect many I love.  Things are  dicey out there...Wars, rumors of wars,  flooding, cancer, earthquakes, gas prices, lack of jobs and a sense that all is not right with the world. I am daily reminded it's WHO I focus on that is important, giving me peace.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:6-7




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely dinner out. With the snow, it is especially nice to have the carry out for today.

    We are looking at the same snow and watching the news from Japan, too. So very sad about Japan.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails