Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Knitting for Babies

There are babies everywhere!  Have you noticed?  Maybe it is my stage of life and the approach of spring, maybe the ages of my kids and their friends, but pregnant women, adopting families, even friends doing foster care abound.  It is time to think about baby knitting!
These sweet gift tags have washing instructions and come in various colors and designs.
This darling bib would make a great gift with the use of some simple dish cotton.  A set of three would be nicer!  This pattern is free and can be found here.
Every baby needs a blanket.  This blanket is the best of both worlds, looking like a quilt but made with soft, cozy yarn!  It is designed by a male knitter, herbalist, and jack of all trades who lives in a log cabin in the woods of the Appalachians. He has a Master's in Fine Arts and teaches in his local yarn shop. His website has some fun stuff for the country living enthusiast. But most of all, he has one fine baby blanket pattern.
Every child loves to play dress-up and these would do nicely for a future dinosaur loving child. Maybe even paired with this hat.
Sometimes a baby needs a toy.  A soft, snuggly elephant perhaps?
He can be found here.
But my favorite is this. What could be cuter than a baby as snug as a bug in a rug?

And how fitting is this?

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 
~ Psalm 139:13 from NIV



1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails