Thursday, May 5, 2011

Daytime Television



Today I turned on the TV.  I was working and thought I would have it on in the background. What a mistake.
The Lifetime Lift commercials have pointed out just how ugly my neck and chin are. They reminded me that men no longer look at me and smile as I sit at the stop light.  My life has no meaning since I actually LOOK my age.
QVC showed me that my wardrobe is unstylish, I don't own enough jewels or purses, and my skin care products are all wrong.
ION showed a cook making vegan petit fours. No animals used in anyway.  I should not even think of eating animals.  I was so looking forward to a turkey sandwich for lunch...
The news showed one place in Alaska with gasoline for $6.75 a gallon. Oh, and jobs took a big dive this week.
The weatherman was happy to report that the sun was out today, a rarity here in Cincinnati, but the next three days will bring more rain.
So, I turned off the TV.  In the old days, the television was for entertainment.  Nothing about daytime TV is entertaining.  Unless you catch Little House on the Prairie first thing in the morning.  In the future I think I will stick with Pandora.
Travis Ryan has his own station now and since I birthed him, THAT is entertaining...

I am reminded of God's view on what we take in.  He is wise.  He knows that what we think about changes us.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Phil. 4:8

1 comment:

  1. I am so very glad I had a Mom who always said being born, living, growing old, and dying are all a part of the big plan. We don't need to fight each stage, we should enjoy it.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails