Monday, May 16, 2011

Magic Moment Scarf

Size 4 needles

I have not been blogging because there has been little knitting going on.  The above scarf is finally finished, and though I decided in the process that lace might not be as enjoyable to knit as other mindless projects, the finished product is beautiful enough to already have a new lace project in my queue. Once again, blocking is the key and the beauty of the design and the softness of the fiber comes alive once blocked.  I am really pleased with the finished product!

I am happy to report that my sister is finished with radiation and was able to be present for the birth of her sixth grandchild!  She still has meds and various treatments she has to endure, but so far, so good! God has been good to her and is still orchestrating the lives of the people we love.

The past two years have been filled with tragedy, disappointment and hardship for so many people in our lives.  We are reminded that without God, everything looks hopeless.  But we have a hope that surpasses the bad things that come.  And then there are babies and weddings and job offers and kindnesses along the way that remind us that life is still good and can be enjoyed. God is good and loves us and He alone holds the future.

I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them. Hosea 11:4

2 comments:

  1. Your scarf looks lovely. I have a wrap that I'm somewhat afraid to start...maybe I need to reconsider.
    Such wonderful news about your sister!!
    God is good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty scarf in my favorite color, too. :)

    I'm so happy to hear your sister is doing well. Every moment is precious, isn't it.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails