Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Anne of Green Gables

I have always loved this movie.  The scenery, the language, the poetry and the warm rich characters make it a joy to watch. Last night some of my favorite girls came over and we had an Anne of Green Gables night.  We watched, had ice cream to celebrate our 90+ temps and high humidity and watched again.
I was thinking how timeless this movie is.  An orphan girl is taken in and becomes the object of great love in a family.  A friendship is forged based on forgiveness and long-suffering.  A young man persists in pursuing a woman he loves.  It is idyllic, and the real world doesn't seem to move along as seamlessly as Anne's world, which is WHY it is great entertainment.  It offers a respite from the harsh realities of life. It truly is a story wrapped in beauty. Anne herself often gets lost in beauty, which is one reason viewers find her so attractive.
I have several friends who love beauty and make it their business to share it with others. Amy Whitehouse is a talented artist and lover of all things beautiful, inside and out!  You can check out her work here.
Where do you find beauty in your life?  How do you enjoy it?  I am sipping iced green tea, with my sweet dog at my feet. I'm  going to knit for a while. Bon Ivor is on Pandora. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that movie! Thanks for reminding me; I'm going to add it to my Netflix so I can watch it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails