Thursday, July 14, 2011

What's For Dinner?

This is not dinner. I don't have a picture of the recipe I'm sharing... And dessert always looks good.  The above is Coconut Yagoot topped with Raspberries. If you don't live in Cincinnati, I feel sorry for you.  Yagoot is my favorite frozen treat.  Low calorie and purely delicious...but back to dinner.
My husband and I work with young adults and we have lots of new brides. New brides need recipes. Old brides need recipes.  If you cook for yourself, you need recipes.  So on Thursdays, I will be offering  What's for Dinner.  This recipe is actually one of my son's favorite meals. It sounds kind of strange, but trust me. It's yummy.  And after you eat it, you can try and find some dessert as yummy as our Yagoot.

Macaroni Stir Fried Chicken

1/2 (16-ounce package) medium-size shell macaroni (3 cups)(rice pasta for gluten free)
2 whole large chicken breasts (2 pounds)
3/4 pound green beans
2 T. olive oil
Salt
2 teaspoons peeled and grated ginger root or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use low sodium)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 (15-1/4 to 19-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained

ABOUT 45 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING:
Prepare macaroni as label directs; drain. Meanwhile, cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes. Cut green beans into 1-inch pieces.
In nonstick 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add 1 T. oil,  add green beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stir fry until beans are coated with oil. Add 1/4 cup water and stir-fry until beans are tender-crisp; spoon into bowl.
In same Dutch oven over high heat, add 1 more T. oil (or more :-); add chicken, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir-fry until chicken loses its pink color, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce, lime juice, kidney beans, shell macaroni, and green beans. Serve warm.

 Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! We just got home! I see there's a Yagoot place near us in Rookwood Commons. We'll have to check it out. The mac and chicken looks "goot" too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails