Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wallaby and What's for Dinner?

I finally finished something this summer.  I know this about myself: I have to make progress on something creative or I feel like I'm floundering.  Just by finishing this, I feel new inspiration.  I truly love this sweater and have a pile of Beaverslide to wind for a new one for my daughter.  I never get tired of this sweater, the Wonderful Wallaby by Cottage Creations.

Today is What's for Dinner Thursday....here tis...another summer favorite.  This recipe brings back old memories. My neighbor, Carole, was a wonderful cook.  This was a refreshing, easy, summertime recipe.  Her son visited with us recently which  brought back memories of Carole's delicious cooking.

Carole's Sesame Chicken Salad

2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked
and chopped (grilled is really good!)
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 small head napa cabbage
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 cup crispy fried rice noodles, for garnish (Ramen noodles work)

1.    Several hours before serving make the dressing. Combine mayonnaise, sesame oil, sugar and ginger. Cover and refrigerate.
2.    Thinly slice the cabbage and place in large bowl along with the cubed chicken. Add the green onions, toasted sesame seeds and shredded carrot. Toss then mix in the dressing. Divide salad onto serving plates and top with additional green onion and crispy rice noodles.
 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sweater. :) Sesame Chicken Salad sounds delicious. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your sweater! It feels so good to wrap up a project doesn't it?

    I'm eyeing that recipe. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails