Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of Summer


I know I'm pathetic, but I'm going to town on another Wallaby for Amy. I love this sweater and lucky for me, she does too. Knitting in Beaverslide is always a pleasure.
The green bean harvest was plentiful and I've been busy blanching and freezing beans. One of my family's favorite ways to enjoy beans for the remaining hot days of summer is below.

Summer Beans
Blanche (place beans into already boiling water for 2 minutes, then plunge into ice water)
Lay them out in a pan and cover with your favorite Italian Dressing overnight.
They will be crunchy and flavorful.

This summer, some of my favorite people have been joining me on Tuesday nights for movie night.  We have watched all of Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice (old and new), Sense and Sensibility and this week, Emma.  Though sentimental and unrealistic at times, they do speak to our desire for beauty and love. Each time I watch, a new line pops out at me, bearing truth about a matter that concerns me. It has been fun. The other enjoyable part about movie night is dessert. This week I served an old favorite. 

Creamy Cheesecake

1 graham cracker crust
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
2 t  vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 t  sugar
2 t  vanilla

Beat cream cheese, add eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Beat well.  Spread in pie crust.  Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.  Blend sour cream, sugar and vanilla.  Spread over cake and refrigerate until chilled. Serve topped with berries of your choice.









2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that sweater, too. I could have a whole wardrobe of them. :) Isn't it nice when you find a pattern and yarn that you like that you can make as many as you want in different colors sometimes with minor variations. I have one design I have made over and over for family members.

    Those green beans look terrific and thanks for the recipe, too! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuesday Night Movie get together sounds great. Wish I could join you. Your photographs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails