Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's For Dinner?



There are those transitional moments in knitting when you need to be attentive, not answer the phone or put it down for 2 days and try to come back to what you were doing.  That's when you goof up.  I do not make notes. I keep it in my head, which is very dangerous as my brain has developed holes through which important information seems to seep out. So, I attached my sleeves, counted my stitches, found that I had WAY too many, ripped it out, to discover I had the page of the pattern turned to the children's size, not the adult. The sleeves are now attached, the proper amount of stitches being held on holders and I am on my way.   It's a good thing I enjoy the process of knitting or these types of events would be highly discouraging.

So fall is in the air.  How do I know?  My allergies are in full swing preventing me from the full enjoyment of the glorious weather!  I've been baking pumpkin muffins (seen sans icing...)
And I am contemplating soup.  This recipe from Paula Dean is going on next week's menu.

Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup

2 tablespoon  olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 3/4 poun
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup  sliced carrots (about 3 small)
2 1/2 cup  sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth

In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. This is even gluten free!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails