Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Pie

This is one of the things I did today. I found the pie crust recipe here. It was the first time to use my food processor for pie crust and it was so easy. The pastry turned out very flaky. This is my pie filling recipe.

Apple Pie

1 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons divided
4 tablespoons flour, divided
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 dash nutmeg
7 large Gravenstein, Granny Smith or other tart type apples, peeled and cored, cut into slices (I use my nifty apple corer/slicer)
2 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Spread this mixture on bottom crust to absorb liquid. Combine remaining sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and mix well. Pour sugar mixture over sliced apples and mix well. Pour apples into pie crust. Dot with butter.

Roll out top crust and place on top of apples. Crimp edges and make 5 (1 1/2-inch long) slits on top of pie crust. Brush top crust lightly with milk. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 5 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails