Wednesday, November 23, 2011

End on Wrong Side

I love to knit cables. There is something so satisfying watching a piece grow and a design emerge. I'm on vacation and there is a lot of this going on but sometimes little things throw me: instructions like END ON WRONG SIDE. My brain lays tricks and I try to over think it.
End so that I am going to knit the wrong side next?
End finishing the wrong side?
Well, I am thankful for google. First of all, I found out that I am not the only one whose mind plays tricks on them. My same question is asked on facebook, knitting forums and other random sites. The second thing is that the truth can be known on the issue! End on WS means: end after completing a wrong side row.
Which brings me to another point. Life is confusing and many things puzzle us as we go along the way. Relationships, disasters, injustices, and life in general. We are puzzled because we are small and finite. I am grateful that my maker knows the answers. His Word has the answers to our questions. The things that seem fuzzy, He will reveal. His Word is there to explain His purposes. Our part is to read and trust Him. Believe, he says. Trust. Obey.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Debbie,

    Only in knitting do we want to end on the wrong side. In life, we definitely want to end on the right side. ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails