Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yarn Therapy

One day, while on my trip I went to the new location of The Yarn Lady, one of my favorite yarn shops. It is under new ownership, in a new location and chock full of beautiful yarn.  The basket full of yarn "ropes" below were squishy soft and meant to be finger knitted; an easy, bulky project for a quick, warm scarf.  I had never seen anything like it before. It could be braided or made into a giant chain stitched scarf.  I was too tired to remember the brand...
 
This lampshade made me smile. It looked like something out of the PB catalog for children.

My favorite yarn (actually a toss up with Beaverslide) was there in all it's colorful goodness. Madelinetosh Yarns are no where to be found in my neck of the woods, so I always have to rely on computer images.  They are close, but not nearly as good as seeing this gorgeous yarn in person. The sock weight is lovely.
Madelinetosh Vintage was there in an array of my favorite colors and I was coveting that pumpkin you see in the bottom right corner.  The yarn has a shine, is soft, and has great stitch definition. The depth of color is unmatched. Funny how just walking through a yarn store is so soothing. Imagining creations, feeling the softness and texture of the natural fibers that God has provided for warmth and art was just what the doctor ordered.  I didn't even buy anything, but after a stroll through the yarn, I was ready for a peaceful nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails