Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fetching in Green

Size 10 dpn's
Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande

This yarn is a dream to knit with, soft and very warm. It is perfect yarn for a luscious pair of fingerless mitts!
Today I held a baby, so little, her life just beginning. I prayed for her tired parents who are learning who she is and what she needs. I prayed for them because they are discovering more about who they are. Raising children is not just about raising children. It is about raising parents. It is about growing, learning to not be selfish,  and learning how to let go. It is trusting God to take the work that you do (or did) as a parent and not having it return void. Families are a great place to learn how to die to self and serve others. I am praying this Christmas is one in which the fruit of our labors is profitable and that God will bless our efforts in the lives of our children and grandchildren.







2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful sentiment about parenthood and babies!! I often think I am still growing up as a parent and I have a 17 and 14 year old. But I guess we never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gloves are beautiful. And, your insights into parenting are so real. Just about the time we get the parenting thing all figured out we are grandparents and then we are SURE we know everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails