Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mother of the Groom


I don't know if any of you have looked at Mother of the Groom dresses lately...but I'm scared. I have been on a weight loss regime which has stalled over the holidays, but I fear I will never find a dress.
What is interesting to me is that the dresses do not look like they are made for post-menopausal women who actually have born children and lived through the teen years.  I know there are some of you out there that can just slip into one of these cute little numbers, but I am not one of them. Well endowed and the real deal makes the little tops ridiculous. And what's with the mermaid look? Some of us have hips. So...the hunt begins. I'm telling you, it's as bad as bathing suit shopping, but with fewer colors to pick from. Oh, and I forgot to mention spider veins. I never realized they were a problem until I got a pedicure recently and the girl looked at me with pity in her eyes and said," Oh...your legs are so bad...at least they are not on your face!" Lucky me I guess.
So you tell me, am I whining without cause?
Here you can find anorexic - looking models who in no way have children even old enough to have weddings.


I know I will find a dress eventually, but I may have to knit a jacket to wear over it...

2 comments:

  1. I smiled while reading this, Debbie. I had a similar problem finding a dress for my second marriage. I looked at mother of the bride dresses in hopes of finding something suitable. Hah! Hah, I say! However, take a look at Nordstroms. You may find something there. Actually, I found my dress at Nordstrom's Rack. Correction, my daughter-in-law found it and yelled across the store for me to come and look at it (a great memory). Exactly what I wanted. It was $80 Calvin Klein on clearance. A lovely gown. Probably not intended as a wedding gown, but it fit the bill. Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Debbie,
    I sincerely wish you luck in your dress hunting. I've been through this and it's not fun! I'm short and dumpy...totally the wrong shape for shiny,clingy,beaded,sleeveless or low cut.I selected a soft trouser suit when my son got married.Happy hunting..
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails