Friday, March 9, 2012

Liebster Blog Award Day

My friend Nancy gave me the Liebster Blog Award yesterday.  We have been bosom friends since we met many years  ago in Geneseo, Illinois.  We have laughed together and cried together. She is a constant friend and sister in my faith journey. She always wanted to write and now and God has graciously given her the time and means to do so.  Her daily devotional is something I always look forward to and her personal blog is one that appeals to the country girl in me as she chronicles her life on Colorado homestead with her artist/husband Dennis.  Recently, some of her devotions were published in Gary Chapman's Love is a Verb!  Thanks, sweet friend for the award!
Since I have been selected, I now am able to pay it forward.
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award
  2. Link back to their blog
  3. Copy and paste the Liebster award to your blog
  4. Pick 5 blogs that you feel deserve to be in the spotlight (they must have under 200 followers)
  5. Blog about it and leave a comment for your nominations to let them know that you have chosen their blog
So, here we go!
1. The blog of my daughter-in-law. She loves God, my son and her children. She supports her husband in his music ministry and takes beautiful pictures. (Lucky for me, since they live so far away!) We are very blessed to have Hayley in our life.
2. The blog of Amy Lennertz.  Married to my nephew, she loves God and her family and writes of them both fondly. Amy is the sweetest mom and wife and she bakes beautiful cakes too!
3. The blog of fellow knitter, Kristyn.  She is a busy wife and mom and like me, has lots of fires burning.  But when she posts, it is thoughtful and encouraging. And her knits are beautiful! If we ever get to meet, we will be fast friends I am sure!

4. The blog of friend, Julie.  She is the first chiropractor in Rwanda, sharing her gifts with the people in that beautiful country.  Her pictures are wonderful and the narratives thoughtful.  Her blog truly captures the beauty of the people she loves. She writes, "Captivated by beauty, my heart chases grandeur in the minute and the extreme, because its His. Where brokenness and injustice protest this beauty - crying out, deafening - He calls us to heal, to work for redemption, for reconciliation." Visit and enjoy.

5. The blog of my friend, Mary Kay, the owner of Waynesville's own Winsome Cottage. Mary Kay is the sweetest person you will ever meet.  Her shop is beautiful and Mary Kay has an eye for beauty and potential!  She and her husband buy old things and turn them into beautiful new things.  She blogs about her life and adventures and makes me pine for a trip to Waynesville.

So ladies, if you would like to join the fun, pay it forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails