Friday, March 2, 2012

Storms



The above is a fun diversion.   I had no idea, but I like Elinor so I'll take it!

I woke to the weather TV showing bright red and the words VIOLENT scrolled across my portion of the country. HIGH RISK tickers run across the bottom of my television.  I ran to the store, stocked up on milk and batteries and now sit hunkered down waiting for the weather shoe to fall.  That is what we do here.  I prefer earthquake territory in this regard.  You are able to go about your way with no idea when catastrophe could occur. It is actually less stressful. Of course, if a disaster did happen on a large scale, no one would be prepared, but no one worries about it.
In the midwest, you plan, wait to hear sirens that are inaccurate most of the time and watch news casts of other cities devastated by the storm you just missed.  Then you pick up sticks or worse case, clear fallen trees the next day.  It can all be very exciting, but the dread of hail damage or electricity loss, puts a damper on the fun. FUN? And I must be honest, I can't fully enjoy pelting rain, wind and hail when everyone isn't home. I like to hunker down with all the chicks in the nest.

I am knitting lots of samples for knitting classes that I am teaching. Graduation gifts are in the works.  Stash busting is occurring.  If the power goes out, all I will be able to do is knit. 

For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
Isa 25:4

 

1 comment:

  1. The storms on Tuesday night found me the lone parent home with 2 kids. So I made them sleep in my bed downstairs. Then off to the closet with them while I watched the TV early Wednesday morning. Then today my kids spent the end of their school day in the hallway while I was in my closet. Too many funnels and touchdowns all around us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails