Friday, March 9, 2012

Teaching Knitting


I have been teaching knitting.  My students are catching the bug.  Their first project is the One Row Handspun Scarf. Some finished projects are shown here, unblocked. They learn to cast on, knit, purl, do a knit variation, fix mistakes, and bind off.  They work at different paces, fitting their knitting in with busy lives.  Some are learning to relax, taking time to sit still during the day, enjoying the time to think, pray and focus on learning something new. All are gaining self confidence and enjoying the fellowship with other women.  New friendships are forming and we are enjoying our time.  It's never too late to learn!


Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.  ~Henry Ford


 

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful post, Debbie. I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog award. Please see my post at http://www.joyfulaltitude.com/2012/03/its-liebster-blog-award-day.html. I hope you'll pass on the love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails