Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer's End

Using a cable cast on, cast on 648 stitches. WHAT??? How did I not notice this detail when I bought the pattern to go with this lovely yarn? I knitted several inches and decided the entire piece was too short. Rip out and cast on 729 stitches. I am really good at the cable cast on now.

This summer has been productive. One very clean garage. LOADS and LOADS of stuff to Goodwill and I still am not finished. Friendships deepened. Books read. Pound cakes baked. Lots of pound cakes.  Babies greeted. Son welcomed home.  Gifts knitted during Olympics. Lawn watered. And watered. And watered. Lots of meat cooked on our smoker. Not a bad summer over all. Zero blogging. Oh well.

The last of my children begins college on Monday. I am getting old. 

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:1










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails