Monday, September 3, 2012

Cowl Crazy

 I seriously love cowls. I like them better than scarves.  They stay on, they don't get stuck in the car door, they can be looped around your neck to bring them close on a chilly day or undoubled, they are simply a pretty adornment. I enjoy the in-the-round knitting. They are the perfect mindless knit.  One skein of Madelinetosh Pashmina does the trick!
Size 6 needle

The Honey Cowl is a easy project.  This was done in the small.  A longer size would have required a second skein of Pashmina. This is seen doubled and makes a closer to the neck cowl for the upcoming cooler temperatures. We are getting cooler temperatures, right?

I don't know about where you live, but here in the Nati, it has been a hot, dry summer. Today it is overcast and some drizzle from Isaac is here, but the promise of rain looks like it was just that. A promise and a broken one at that.

I have been reading this summer. And I can't knit while reading. I've tried. My mind wanders with audio books, so for me, it is one or the other. I just finished Laura Hillenbrand's, Unbroken. I don't know why it took me so long to finally read this.  A spellbinding account of one man's life and his survival and  triumph over unimaginable adversity, I had eyestrain when I was done. Don't watch this if you don't want a spoiler, but this war hero is still alive and tending his plants in Hollywood.



I am eyeing mums and Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  How about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails