Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summertime


As a knitter, I find it discouraging to still be suffering from stiffness in my hand and arm. My yarn club selection for last month was a disaster. After ripping it out six, yes 6 times, it is in a drawer. A cold grew into several other ailments, all leaving me pooped.  I am done whining now.  I have read two excellent books, In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham and Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls, have seen my grandkids twice, was celebrated well on my birthday and Mother's Day by my beloved husband and children and have been cleaning like a fiend between fevers. So, summer is not what I imagined, but we are all here in one piece, have jobs, food and shelter and sound minds. I will not take any of it for granted.





1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I loved "In the Presence of My Enemies." It was a family read several years ago. We were on a road trip and when we stopped for convenience store snacks and gas, the kids wouldn't get out. They said " keep reading Mom!" I would like to read it again. I'm sure there is more to receive from it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails