Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summertime

My son and wonderful daughter-in-law bravely invited us to visit when they were barely moved in to their home. I'm glad I got to see all the boxes, because I will be able to fully appreciate the transformation she will make as they fully settle in. A few words on my son's wife: she is beautiful inside and out and creates a warm and inviting home where ever they have lived. Coming from a family of creative girls, she is gifted at creating beauty.  She is a wonderful mother to my grandsons and enjoys life to the fullest. We are so blessed to have her in our family.



We got to go downtown for CMA activities and our grandson got his first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  The balloon artist was an interesting man from Montana who travels around and makes balloons at festivals. He lives off his tips. There is some faith in mankind for you!

I have begun knitting again finally. There is no better stress reliever besides prayer. My friend, whose husband was recently diagnosed with cancer came over so I could wind yarn for her. She too, has found knitting to be a way to enter a quiet place in her mind as she prays for her husband and seeks God's peace in the midst of turmoil.  

This is for my daughter and I love it so far.  BrooklynTweed's Shelter is the yarn. It is very nice to knit with, reminding me a little of Beaverslide, but not as spongy. The pattern is Peabody


Happy Independence Day!  You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.  ~Erma Bombeck

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely family you have. :) I enjoy seeing what you are knitting, too. Happy Independence Day back at ya! :)

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails