Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall at Shaker Village

I hate to say it, but I have been in a knitting funk.  First I had knitting injuries that I needed to heal. (It would sound so much more glamorous to have crashed my plane, or pulled something during a marathon)  I had company for weeks in a row and a daughter who moved away to college and a son who left for Seattle on a great adventure. The dust has settled, the house has stayed clean for several weeks now and I finally pulled our my knitting this weekend. It is my hope to finish a sweater in the next two weeks and then start something new!

Lest you think I have had no fun at all, I have proof of some fall fun with my favorite person, my husband. We went to Shaker Village in Kentucky for a weekend getaway and it was beautiful.



















These are pickled watermelon rinds. I put a spoonful in my mouth, and my childhood came back to me.  My grandmother lived with us for years and always made these.  I had not tasted them in many years. I know what I'm making next summer.

My friend, Nancy at the Joyful Cottage has a fun giveaway! Here's to hoping I win!

Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night’s decay
Ushers in a drearier day.
             Emily Bronte

Here's to fall!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails